1. Tryouts will be Aug 10-14; every morning from 8-10 am and Mon-Thurs nights from 5-7 pm. Everyone must bring his own WATER.
2. All players MUST have a physical form from a doctor to participate and I will collect them on the first morning. I already have the forms for the players that attended the camp. Any doubts that I have yours then send me an email.
3. The returning varsity and seniors will run the mile first each morning starting at 8:00, followed by juniors, then sophomores, then freshmen. All must finish three miles in the required time during the 5 days of tryouts to be eligible to make one of the teams. Finishing the three 1-mile runs does not guarantee a place on a Hickman team. Upper classmen must finish in less than 6:30; freshmen less than 6:45. Following the runs we will practice soccer until 10:00 am. We will run on the track at HHS, so bring running shoes in addition to the soccer equipment.
4. The teams will be announced following the morning practice on Friday, Aug 14.
5. The week of Aug 17-21 all teams will practice once a day from 5:00 to 7:00 each evening. When school begins we will practice immediately after school. There will be buses to transport the freshmen to HHS each day for PRACTICE. Freshmen will have to arrange transportation on game days.
6. Mr. Mirts, our athletic director is having a parent meeting for all sports on Sunday, Aug 9, at 6:00 in the Auditorium at HHS. He will discuss academic regulations, new requirements and other items necessary to participate in sports at Hickman High School. All parents including the incoming freshmen should attend. See everyone on Aug 10!!!!Coach Thornburg